Sunday, January 20, 2008

Death Valley Ballerina

Ok, my brain is officially 'sploding after this first week of classes. It's okay though, I'll get used to it. I've actually enjoyed all the reading that I'm getting to do now; for once the bulk of my reading is fiction rather than tons and tons of textbook chapters. I can't complain, but I guess I sometimes do anyway.

Speaking of reading, I just came across a book that I haven't read for years, The Alchemist. As with many books I've lost over the years, I loaned it to someone and never got it back. I actually remember who it was in this case, but we lost touch and by the time I remembered it was too late. In this case, the circumstances were also unique in that the book wasn't actually owned by me. I borrowed it from my friend Jo, and luckily she just never asked for it to be returned. Well, I guess if you ever read this Jo, I'm busted and you have dibs on this copy.

Yesterday I was catching up on tons of old email and finally watched a YouTube video that a friend sent to me. I'm a huge Tool fan, and am quite proud of the fact that I've turned him into one as well - all it took was dragging him to a concert. Anyway, he sent this link about how someone took one of their songs and deduced a Fibonacci sequence from it. Eh, maybe so, but it's worth it at least for the song itself and the Hubble images used.



After watching that, I had to follow a related link that highlighted some of Maynard James Keenan's (vocalist for Tool) witticisms. If you're not familiar with his brand of humor, I'm sure this will fall short on you. Watch it if you want, or don't.



Now I'm off to do more of my reading for class, then I've made plans to watch Paris, je t'aime with a friend. I can hardly wait. Now go, find something to do. Unless it's you planning on taking my new book from me, Jo. In that case, you go do something else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.