Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Wrooooong! Do it again!

A friend of mine sent a shorter version of this out to our email list today, and I nearly shat myself in fear. I think it was a mixture of the message itself and the fact that people actually cheered for it.



No no no no no no no, wrong! Bad Republican! As mentioned later in the video, this is definitely a violation of the separation of church and state. I was raised and have friends that still are Christian, but I'm sorry, in no way should the law of the land be modified in any way shape or form to be representative of some imaginary invisible person's whims, no matter how strongly you believe in him/her. No way. I don't care what religion it is, it's wrong. I mean, my imaginary friend wants me and everyone else to wear mismatching socks, drink tuna fish and pomegranate smoothies, and listen to The Aquabats every day, but I assume that this would go over poorly with the general populace.

You see, I'm doing this thing now where I'm trying fairly hard lately to let people be the way they want to be without having to suffer my unsolicited commentaries - and that goes especially double when it comes to religion. I even had a friend tell me that she considered me an evangelical Atheist*. That wasn't what inspired me to turn this new leaf, but I have a decent memory and that has stuck with me. The way I try to see most things anymore is that you can believe and do whatever you want as long as it doesn't affect me. Changing the Constitution definitely does that. Please oh please oh please don't let people be naive enough to allow something like this to happen, because I think the result will be very, very ugly. And yes, I do realize that before I posted this Romney already won Michigan, where this occurred. As they say, it's not over until the fat lady sings, or Huckabee drops from the race. And no, I don't endorse Romney either.

*I found it interesting that the built in spell-checker gives me a big red underline when I don't capitalize Christian, yet atheist is fine. I realize that the root of the word is Christ, which is a proper noun. In the spirit of equality, I capitalized both anyway.

No comments: