Friday, July 6, 2007

Beware The Orangutans

This is the first post of my soon-to-be illustrious blog (read to the tune of sarcasm). I decided to sign on to Blogger as a proactive measure for my impending poverty. I have a website that I pay for elsewhere on a hosting company that is actually quite reasonable, but I'm going to graduate in December and I'd kinda like to start cutting costs now before Uncle Sam starts shoving his hand in my face - more so than he does already. You see, my page is basically a glorified blog that I made myself anyway, so why not just let someone else handle the code and give it to me for free? Right.

On to the first order of business; it's a holiday weekend and I'm sitting in the luxurious serenity that is the farm I grew up on. It constantly amazes me how much I always wanted to leave this place, yet now I can't seem to get enough. It's so far away from everything and everyone, so it's easy to see how I used to strain at my bindings when I was younger and more of a social animal. I've come to a point where I embrace the solitude. This should be an interesting facet of my personality to address when I graduate and move. San Diego is not a small city. Ah well, it'll be an adventure regardless.

So the main reason I've returned to my roots this time is to celebrate the marriage of one of my old high school buddies. I anticipate an award-winning hangover this coming Sunday morning. Shit, I hate being hungover.

No comments: