Tuesday, March 18, 2008

King of the Road

Ah, spring break; so far I've drunk superhuman amounts of coffee, drank a few beers with my dad, caught up with a few old friends that I haven't seen in years, ran a few gravel road miles with the dogs, finished one book and read another in two days (for purely recreational enjoyment, finally - I almost forgot what that was like), and I found out that I'm a deranged movie character:


Which Random Cult Movie Character are you?




I am Alex, from "A Clockwork Orange." Real Horrorshow.
Take this quiz!




Whee! A bit of the red, red groovy for me! Oh, the book I just finished was written by one of my current professors, so it feels a bit like brown-nosing. I guess it depends on whether or not I tell him that I bought/read it.

I also bought Into The Wild less than two weeks ago and have seen it no less than four times so far. I think I might be good for a while. And yes, I actually bought it. For those that know me very well, the seemingly simple act of me traveling to a store and purchasing a movie to own holds enormous significance. It doesn't happen often.

Well, the half pot of coffee that I drank this morning is telling me that it's time to hit the bathroom and then go for my run. I was going to skip it today, but tonight I'll be having grilled steaks and other goodies (translated as booze and a few rounds of cards) with Mean Mikey Meatloaf and TR. It snowed yesterday morning and rained last night, but we must invoke Spring by firing up the grill. I take partial blame for Winter hanging on as long as it has, because I have yet to partake of animal flesh that has been prepared over an open flame this year. I know, it's a lot of responsibility to take on, but I feel shame and had to fess up. I'm a stand up kinda guy like that.

Ok, the caffeine appears to be taking over, so I'll wrap this up and go burn off some excess energy before my head asplodes.

No comments: