Saturday, March 8, 2008

WTF, damn Beatles already?!?

Yeah, so I log in to pop a little update on here and I see one of those friggin' Asian lady beetles resting comfortably on my keyboard. It's below freezing, why aren't they all still dead? They're one of the only things I hate about summer. Other than that, I'm nearly frothing at the mouth to unpack all my shorts, get my Birks out, and save socks for the gym. Speaking of Beatles, I just watched Across The Universe a couple weeks ago. Awesome, pure awesome. I'm not someone who's particularly into musicals, but I check one out from time to time. This was a good one, especially if you like the Beatles.

So, getting into the mood I'd originally intended when I started (damn beetle), I'm starting to get into that insanely busy mode that most people associate with grad school. I'm getting by, although it's been a while since I've worked myself into being this tired. I suppose it's not too bad though, considering I've still been having a pretty good time of it. I've also had some things going on behind the scenes that have put me in one of those good moods when you just feel like walking down the street and saying, "Well, hello there, how are you?" to everyone you meet, kinda like one of those cheesy 50s movies when guys tip their hats to strangers and smile a little too big. That sounds excessively sentimental, but I speak the truth.

I also found out that I had a piece sell at the River City Artists' Winter Art Sale. That was cool, and I was flattered to even be asked to contribute in the first place. By the way, Jeffrey, the manager and close friend of mine who organized the event, finally a has page up, and it's about time; I've been waiting to see him do this for a while. Check him out.

I suppose I should wrap this up and start thinking about heading to see another old friend of mine who'll be playing a set at Cup of Joe downtown tonight. Her name is Joan Nixt, and she's got a voice and a half. Check out her myspace page and listen for yourself. Last time I went to watch her, I got drunk; this time I'm going to get obnoxiously over-caffeinated. I think she's a bad influence on me...

Ok, that's that for this one, kids. Squash an Asian lady beetle for me, but don't do it bare-handed, they stink.

No comments: